by Sara Sabia, Meaghan Poulin
Friday, April 13, 2012
Calling all baby sitters, we have a job for you! Five “OC Mammas” are going to be dusting off their running shoes to join together in participation of the FIRST ever 2012 Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure in Ocean City, MD. Together these local Mom's are looking to raise $2,000 for their team goal! Decked out in their matching team shirts they will be walking in honor of many special people.
The goal is not only to raise the $2,000. They also are looking to celebrate the lives of breast cancer survivors they know, as well as honor the lives of loved ones that lost the fight to breast cancer. Needless to say, this event holds a spot very close to their hearts and many others who will be joining OC Mammas, so get these girls a baby sitter because it's on!
Are you looking to join the “OC Mammas”? Grab some friends and read on:
What is the date of the Race?
Sunday, April 22, 2012
What is the Race route?
The 5k run/walk and 1 mile run/walk both start on the Ocean City Boardwalk, just north of Wicomico Street then loop around and end at the Ocean City Inlet.
What time do I need to be there for the Race?
The Race Village opens at 6 a.m. Arrive early for the closest parking. We recommend Park and Ride and OC Transit Services
Where can I register?
Walk up registration will take place in the lobby of the Ocean City Convention Center beginning on and running through . Times will be announced once they have been finalized.
Of all the money raised in the Race for the Cure, 75% stays in Maryland to fund local programs for women and families. The remaining 25% of funding supports national research. - source